Saturday, January 28, 2006

About new words

More and more I find how my appreciation of things to do with words is changing. By chance I found this book Taal van het jaar vijf It is a publication by van Dale, the Dutch producer of quality dictionaries, it is a collection of 52 articles describing new words that make their appearance in the Dutch language. With my interest in words and more I find it a superb collection of observations how a language changes by the inventiveness of the people who use it..

If you know Dutch, you will love it. If there is more of this, also on other languages, on the Internet .. I would appreciate to learn about it :)

Thanks,
GerardM

1 comment:

Minh Nguyễn said...

cvjlang has plenty of interesting information on how speakers of Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese handle problematic translation and transliteration issues these days. For example, there’s information on the differences between the CJV translations of Harry Potter.