Thursday, April 05, 2007

{{WOTD|petition}}

At OmegaWiki we have a word of the day. This word of the day is hopefully created before a new day starts. It is something that I find myself doing almost everyday. Most often I just pick a word at random. Today I picked the word petition.

Today I signed a petition, the Alan Johnston Petition, at the BBC News website. I think it is really sad when journalists are the victims of political violence. It prevents news coming from corners of the world. In this way you can prevent news going our or coming in. By stopping the flow of information, the risk increases that the "other" will be seen as the enemy.

I am afraid the Palestinians are shooting themselves in the foot. You can also sign the petition.. or think some positive thoughts about this.

Thanks,
Gerard

No comments: