Friday, December 05, 2008

Google Reader

Google Reader has been given a make over. The colours changed a bit, the icons were changed, all the thing that you expect in a make over are there. One thing though I find really interesting is that they included the option to translate the texts.
I am comfortable reading English and German and Dutch obviously, but if I want to I can have all the feeds translated in Dutch. For me this makes only sense for texts that are not in one of those three languages.
When a text is translated, particularly when machine translation is used, you are bound to losesome of the understanding of what was actually meant. What I would really love is when I have the option to allow for translation but only for those languages I need it for. This option would make me use this tool, because no translation means that I will not get anything of the text
Thanks,
GerardM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.